Experienced ICT Installation/Support Technician
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of tasks on a day to day basis, dependant on the clients prevailing needs, however the main areas of the job role will be corporate network hardware installation, trouble shooting and server building and installing. The position will also involve working with MS based server applications as well as working with internal projects, often with our sister company’s ISP infrastructure, covering Linux & Windows OS’s as well as extensive CISCO & Juniper protocols & languages.
Principle skills/qualifications required:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Must be a confident, customer facing and business like in appearance.
- Ability to provide extremely high levels of customer service.
- Must have a Positive outlook with a ‘can do/how can we’ attitude.
- Operating systems: XP, Vista & 7 desktops, 2003, 2008 & 2011 Server (trouble shooting as well as installation).
- Software applications: Exchange 2003 to 2010, ISA 2004, SQL Server, Office 2003 to 2010 (troubleshooting as well as installation).
- Hardware: Must have knowledge of desktop PC, Notebook and server architecture to build/upgrade level. Cabling and installation ability, experience in Cat5 and related infrastructural networking products desirable, including wireless and other communication protocols.
- Must have full driving license and access to own vehicle during working hours
This position would suit a person with a solid hardware/architectural computing background with at least 2 years of experience in delivering end to end solutions and support to SME’s and Enterprise customers.
Working hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm, Mon – Fri
Starting Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 + work related travel expenses
To apply for this position please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.